WCA recognises the importance of its role in managing social, economic and environmental issues. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the principal way WCA seeks to co-ordinate and manage practices to maximise positive social and economic contribution and minimise the environmental impacts of its business.
Engagement with member companies, employees, local communities, environmental stakeholders, regulators, business partners and suppliers is central to WCA’s approach to CSR.
WCA divides CSR into four segments:
Marketplace: How we work with our members, customers and suppliers
Workplace: Where we work, how we recruit and how we work with our staff
Environment: How we reduce our environmental impact
Community: How we engage with the community
This Policy applies to all divisions of WCA.
Executive Management is responsible for ensuring that key strategic and operational decisions in their area take into account CSR considerations, supporting CSR initiatives and practices through the allocation of sufficient resources, raising the profile of CSR and overseeing that their area complies with this policy.
Staff is responsible for behaving in a corporately responsible way, adhering to this policy and enabling WCA to make a positive social, economic and environmental contribution.
1. WCA will operate in accordance with the company’s strategy of adopting high values and standards of behaviour and within all applicable laws and regulatory requirements. WCA will also provide a mechanism and process whereby illegal and/or unethical behaviour can be reported and addressed.
2. WCA will provide products and services to meet the needs of its members and clients, while having consideration for the impact on the natural environment and communities where we operate.
3. WCA will provide high standards of service to clients, and have complaints procedures for clients and customers to ensure their concerns are efficiently addressed on those occasions where there is a problem.
4. WCA will take a partnership approach to supply chain relations, ensuring that payments are made promptly, supplier complaints are reviewed, and that we use fair and transparent procurement methods.
5. WCA will use its position in the marketplace to raise awareness of CSR with clients, members and the market, and help facilitate change to minimise impact on the natural environment and communities where we operate.
1. WCA will provide a workplace in which diversity is valued and there are equal opportunities. WCA will provide a mechanism/s by which employees can raise their views and be engaged in change and issues that affect the company.
2. WCA will provide a safe and secure workplace, which is conducive to the health and welfare of employees.
3. WCA will support employees with training and development opportunities to help them reach their potential and maximise their contribution to WCA’s strategy.
4. WCA will recognise and reward individuals on the basis of their own performance and that of the company. WCA will appraise performance on both the results that were achieved and how they were achieved.
1. WCA will seek to minimise its energy, water and paper usage, through design, infrastructure and behaviour.
2. WCA will seek to optimise the recycling of waste through providing adequate facilities and behaviour, and limit the use of hazardous material.
3. WCA will seek to reduce unnecessary travel and encourage the use of alternative means of communication where practicable.
4. WCA will incorporate environmental considerations into procurement decisions (including refurbishments/new building projects), and raise awareness/influence our supply chain to facilitate a reduction in their environment impact.
1. WCA will provide benefit to the community though the creation of jobs and the accompanying wealth produced, and through the investment of our money and time in the community.
2. WCA will provide and support worldwide employee volunteering opportunities and support corporate fundraising campaigns.
3. WCA will continue to provide charitable funds and fund raising activities for the benefit of local and global charities.
4. WCA will encourage and support employees in their own community activities and fundraising efforts, through the provision of time and/or financial contributions.